Is your dog still getting you tied up in knots when going out for a walk? Do you wish your dog could safely play and run off leash?
Join us for functional training classes that address a single topic each week. Register for as many topic classes as you would like; attend once a week, or once a month, whichever fits YOUR schedule.
If you would like to participate in a group class but haven’t worked with us before, please call prior to registering. We strive to ensure the best learning environment for your dog.
Topics covered are:
- Leash Walking to permanently stop unwanted pulling during walks and make outings fun and enjoyable
- Solid Stay (in a sit or down) to get your dog focused and following your direction
- Total Recall to have your dog listen to you off leash
- Leave it and drop it to teach your dog impule control by waiting for your permission to have something they REALLY want.
- DIP – Drop In Play to help you raise stable, well mannered dogs by having them play in a safe and secure dog park environment. This play time is for puppies UNDER 6 months of age only, unless otherwise approved by Out N’ About Dog Training.
Registration: Pre-registration is required at least 24 hours before the scheduled class time to ensure small class sizes and individualized attention. A minimum of 2 dogs is necessary to hold a class.
Requirements: All dogs must be friendly with other dogs and people and be up to date on vaccinations. These classes are not appropriate for dogs that may be aggressive or vocal on leash. If classes are not an appropriate fit for your dog, a credit will be applied toward private training. No refunds are offered once class begins.
Cancellation and Missed Classes: We will miss you if you are unable to attend a class after registration. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds for missed classes. However, since these classes will be held outdoors, the instructor may cancel and reschedule classes due to inclement weather. Please re-check our schedule 24 hours before class.
What to Bring To Class: Bring a 6 foot leash and a treat pouch filled with a variety of HIGH VALUE SOFT, smelly, and SMALL treats such as string cheese, turkey hotdogs, cubed chicken or beef. All dogs must be on a regular collar, gentle leader or harness (no choke chains, pinch or electronic collars permitted).
DIP (Drop-in Play) is held throughout the year on Saturdays or Sundays. Group Classes are currently unavailable. If you do not see the class you’d like to take listed in the current month, scroll further in the calendar or contact us for additional information.
Click on the class to get more details, register and pay online!